Support professional, redemptive theater in the Twin Cities and help us achieve #Justice4OWT
DONATE $40 IN HONOR OF FOUNDER JEREMY STANBARY'S 40th BIRTHDAY (MAY 8, 2018)!
We are so very grateful for all of our many donors & supporters who are sticking with us as we fight the injustice of our forced closure & move-out from the Metropolis Minneapolis building in 2016. The jury trial in our civil lawsuit against our former landlords will take place between May 21 - June 8, 2018. We are supremely confident that we'll be successful in our lawsuit and we hope the damages awarded will enable us to resurrect Open Window Theatre in a new location. In the meantime, our bank accounts are drying up and we need your help to get us through our trial and on to the collection process. In honor of founder Jeremy Stanbary's 40th birthday we are asking supporter's to donate $40 to help keep Open Window Theatre alive! The results of our trial will determine A LOT regarding the future of Open Window, so please be generous and help us achieve #Justice4OWT. Thank you!!
In 2015 we underwent an expansion of our theatre space at the Metropolis Minneapolis building near the Hennepin Theatre District in Minneapolis. But this expansion opened up an unexpected can of worms with city inspectors, exposing serious property-wide code violations that are the responsibility of the landlords to remedy. Yet we, as a tenant, have suffered the brunt of the negative consequences. In the summer of 2016 we were forced to move out, we've had to postpone our 6th season, and consequently layoff our staff. Now we're in the process of taking legal action against our former landlords and are working hard to try to keep the theatre alive. That's where you come in!
We ask all of our supporters to please lift us up in prayer during this challenging time and please consider making the most generous tax-deductible gift possible right now in support of our redemptive mission in the arts. Nobody does professional, redemptive live theater like Open Window and we need your generous support now more than ever to remain a powerful and ever growing force in arts & culture and to help us get re-established in a new and better location.
Donations by mail can be sent to: P.O. Box 16067, St. Paul, MN 55116 or you may donate securely online right now. Thank you for your generous support!
OWT BY THE NUMBERS
- PRODUCTIONS: Open Window Theatre has produced 19 major productions over 5 seasons between 2011-2016, in addition to 6 summer children’s productions. Open Window’s parent organization, Epiphany Studio Productions, has been in full-time operation since 2003.
- ATTENDANCE: Between 2015-2016 Open Window Theatre hosted over 8,000 people for our performances and other events from all throughout the Twin Cities area and as far away as Duluth, St. Cloud, New Ulm, Owatonna, Hudson, and LaCrosse, WI. Between 2011-2016 we had about 25,000 patrons attend our events. That's not bad for an intimate 80-120 seat black box theatre.
- STAFF: We've accomplished everything with only one full-time staff member and up to two permanent part-time staff members. We also contract out approximately 60 actors, directors, designers, and theater technicians each season.
- VOLUNTEERS: We utilize approximately 200 volunteers each season for various needs.
- SUBSCRIBERS: In Season 5 (2015-2016) we had over 500 individual season subscribers.
- BUDGET & PHYSICAL SPACE: In 2015 our operating budget reached $250,000 and we grew to lease nearly 7,500 sq.ft. of space at the Metropolis Minneapolis building, up from about 2,500 sq.ft. in 2011.
- YOUTH OUTREACH: Our E-Rhapsody Youth Theater program completed its 10th season in 2016 and has served over 450 Twin Cities youth from 3rd - 12th grade since its inception.
While we welcome online donations, contributions made by mail avoid the 5% fee that GiveMN charges us for their service. Donation by mail can be sent to...
Open Window Theatre
P.O. Box 16067
St. Paul, MN 55116
Questions? Call us at 612-615-1515.