Since 1967, Our Justice (Formerly Pro-Choice Resources) has worked towards a world free of reproductive oppression.
What does Our Justice mean and why did we choose it? The name reflects our organization’s commitment to Reproductive Justice; when all people and communities have the economic, social, and political power and resources to make healthy decisions about our bodies, sexuality, and reproduction. This includes the right to have children, not have children, and to parent the children we have in safe and healthy environments. This definition was adapted from Forward Together and SisterSong. We have been shifting our organization to operate inside a Reproductive Justice framework for several years, and our name change solidifies our commitment to advancing Reproductive Justice in the Midwest.
And while our name has changed, and the lens with which we view our work is shifting, our mission and vision remain the same. We accomplish our work through direct services that support and facilitate abortion care, by providing sexual and reproductive health education, and through advocacy grounded in Reproductive Justice.
What specifically do we do?
- We help people access abortion care and other pregnancy and parenting options through our Abortion Assistance Fund
- We reduce the stigma of all pregnancy and parenting options through public education and advocacy
- We facilitate Emerge – a support group for people who have had abortions
- We defend abortion care access, support abortion care expansion, and advocate for public funding of abortion in the courts, in the Minnesota legislature, and in Washington D.C.
- We work in coalitions and with our partners to promote state and national policy that secures the resources people need to have children, to not have children, and to raise the children they have in safe and healthy environments
Individuals like you are essential to our success. Your donations allow us the flexibility to shape our programming based on the actual needs of the communities we serve. Your donations are also important because we provide unbiased information on pregnancy and parenting options, and because abortion is one of those options this bars us from receiving most government and/or large institutional funding. We rely on the generous support of a handful of committed foundations and you to fund our efforts in defending and advancing Reproductive Justice.