Thank you for supporting Voyageurs National Park Association!
What is your first memory of visiting a National Park? Maybe it was watching a beautiful sunset with your family, or the magical experience of seeing a bald eagle for the first time. Perhaps, it was listening to loons at night, while you warmed your toes by the campfire.
These experiences are what make places like Voyageurs National Park so special. They help us to unplug from the stress of our daily lives and reconnect with our friends, family and the natural world.
If you believe that it is important to protect these experiences for the next generation, please become a member (or renew your membership) in Voyageurs National Park Association today. We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and promoting everything you love about the park.
In 2015, we will not only celebrate the 50th birthday of our organization - we will be toasting to the 40th anniversary of the park itself. We want to make it the best birthday the park has ever seen. We plan to:
- Double the number of youth that are able to experience Voyageurs through our National Park Teen Ambassador Program - a five-day outdoor learning adventure in the park,
- Double the number of volunteers that support the park,
- Continue to protect the park from environmental threats such as sulfide mining and a proposed dam on the Namakan River,
- Fund special projects at the park, including the annual Ghosts of Voyageurs interpretive history play, as well as key wildlife research, including the first bear DNA study,
- And host fun community events to celebrate the park's birthday!
And that's just the beginning. With your help, the next 50 years at Voyageurs National Park will be extraordinary - and the park will remain a place where we can create lasting memories with our family and friends (and catch big fish!)
Thank you for supporting us.
For the Park,
Christina Hausman, Executive Director (and Supporter!)