Join Us in Helping Humans in Crisis
Volunteer Lawyers Network is built by people who believe in the power of pro bono civil legal services for low-income Minnesotans. Now, more than ever, we are responding to human emergencies in a tumultuous time. Today, you can come together with hundreds of others to join us in the important work of providing pro bono civil legal services for thousands of low-income Minnesotans who cannot afford legal representation.
Help us unlock the generous financial match provided by the VLN Board of Directors and the law firms of Pauly, DeVries Smith & Deffner and Maslon LLP by donating to Volunteer Lawyers Network. We all want to do more to make a difference in the lives of others at uncertain times and meeting our match will make an undeniable impact for those individuals.
In the coming year, it will be crucial for VLN to be prepared to respond quickly to potential changes in immigration laws and policies to ensure the following:
1. Our communities in Minnesota receive the best legal information and help possible;
2. Our communities can seek and receive the best legal benefits available to them and their families; and
3. They are not defrauded.
Now more than ever, you can join us in supporting our Immigrant Circle of Justice program to help other human beings who are impacted by:
1. The threat of deportation;
2. The rescission of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program;
3. The expiration of Temporary Protected Status for certain groups of immigrants;
4. The impact of the travel ban; and
5. Special Juvenile Status for unaccompanied children who have crossed the border.
- Give the discouraged and disadvantaged real access to equal justice under the law and provide equal opportunity.
- Help reduce poverty for low-income people through the power of the law.
- Solve people's problems using the power of the law.
- Encourage a noble tradition of pro bono work.
Please consider making a gift to Volunteer Lawyers Network. We prevent evictions, eliminate barriers to housing and employment, keep women and children safe, stop creditor harassment, give legal identity to those without one, and provide a fresh start in life. Thank you for joining us in this important work to help other fellow human beings!