Your donation helps to sustain critical mental health services and has a tangible impact on sexual violence survivors.
PAVSA is dedicated to the elimination of sexual violence in southern Saint Louis County. Our core values include free and accessible services that are victim-centered and victim-driven. We are committed to -
- SUPPORTING victims of sexual violence through advocacy and counseling services
- EDUCATING and building awareness in the community
- ADVOCATING for social change in the many systems that interact with victims following a sexual assault.
We are dedicated to providing services essential to assisting survivors of sexual violence throughout their healing process.
PAVSA offers a variety of free and confidential victim services including -
- 24-hour crisis line
- Support advocacy
- Hospital advocacy
- Legal and systems advocacy
- Professional counseling
- Support groups
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program
PAVSA's victim services are the primary focus of programming, with the goal of assisting survivors to obtain a sense of justice, heal from the trauma following an assault, and regain control over their own lives. All direct services offered by PAVSA are free and confidential for victims.
PAVSA also provides education to the community including
- Community awareness events
- Outreach to vulnerable populations
- Intensive educational groups for adjudicated youth and adults, and in treatment facilities.
PAVSA - Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault marks its 41st anniversary of providing services to victims of sexual violence, their families, friends and the community-at-large. PAVSA was created in 1975 by a small group of women who wanted to address the issue of rape in our community. Since obtaining non-profit status in 1976, PAVSA has developed into a staffed agency with a large volunteer base that provides comprehensive services to survivors of all forms of sexual violence. Throughout its existence, PAVSA has provided services that are designed to meet the specific needs of survivors in our community. In recent years, PAVSA has received state and national attention for the creation of its best practice approach and innovative programs for survivors of sexual violence.