Helping artists grow their businesses and continue to thrive as an economic backbone of NE Minneapolis
NEMAA Artists are Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses
Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association (NEMAA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization founded in 1995 to support artist entrepreneurs become the backbone of economic development in NE Minneapolis. A vibrant arts community promotes social and economic growth. It celebrates and reflects our community’s diversity, and it creates connections between individuals, businesses and artists. Our mission continues to be to promote and support the quality and diversity of artistic resources based in Northeast Minneapolis. Support NEMAA Artists!
What does NEMAA do?
For over twenty years NEMAA’s unwavering dedication to the arts in Northeast Minneapolis has been key to the growth and success of the vibrant art community we have today. Originally formed by a collective of artists who wanted to open their studios to the public and to create an opportunity for visitors to buy directly from the artists, NEMAA now consists of almost 1,000 members, including over 780 artists, as well as individuals, galleries, neighborhood groups, and businesses.
Throughout the year, NEMAA:
- Entices over 50,000 visitors annually to Northeast Minneapolis, especially during Art-A-Whirl®, the largest open studio tour in the United States
- Coordinates the annual AutumNE Member Art Show, which showcases the diversity of our members' work in the warm glow of the Solar Arts Building
- Presents the biennial juried art exhibition, Wintertide (next installment coming in January 2019), a highly-regarded competitive member-only exhibition
- Organizes Artist Professional Development Workshops to give artists the business skills they need to succeed
- Works continuously to achieve higher visibility for our artist-members through media channels
- Maintains the nemaa.org website Directory and NEMAA App for an up-to-date listing of NE artists and events
- Connects our artist members to exclusive artist opportunities and events throughout the year, including special opportunities and calls for art
- Promotes Northeast Minneapolis open studio and special events, an economic backbone of Northeast Minneapolis
NEMAA NXT programming will include complimentary and reduced-fee memberships, as well as workshops and classes specifically designed for the next generation of creatives in our community. By donating to NEMAA on Give to the Max Day, you will be supporting programming to support High School age kids in our community, as well as art students and emerging artists. We are excited to unveil these programs in 2018, along with our new website and other fun surprises.
Help us help artists! Your tax-deductible gift works directly to fund our programs and events, especially the NEMAA NXT program for youth and emerging artists!
By donating any amount to NEMAA today, you become an important and vital influencer of the arts community in Northeast Minneapolis. Join us to create more connections between individuals, businesses, and artists. Together we can keep this vibrant arts community thriving.
Thank you for your support of NEMAA Artists!