Help us unlock $20,000 for Arab art
Mizna was awarded a prestigious Knight Foundation Arts Challenge grant for $20,000 to bring the Arab Film Fest to St. Paul and St. Cloud, and we are 3/4 of the way making the match. Join the people who have already donated to make the Arab Film Fest Tour successful and FREE FOR STUDENTS!
ENSURE OUR FUTURE
Donate on an on-going, monthly basis. This kind of support keeps the lights on, keeps our small part-time staff paid, and keeps us fulfilling our important mission. A monthly donation of any amount--$5, $10, $100--is a wonderful, sustaining gift.
Monthly donors will receive a special gift. Donate to Mizna on a monthly basis, in any amount, you will receive special print by Arab American cartoonist Jennifer Camper. Donate monthly at $20 or more per month for a hand-made, letterpress poster.
- Mizna, 17.2, The Environment Issue. Guest edited by Gary Paul Nabhan
- Reading and workshops with Ibtisam Barakat and Naomi Shihab Nye
- Alien Technology II—a sculpture by Kuwaiti artist Monira Al Qadiri
- Mizna, 18.1, Surviving. Guest edited by Moustafa Bayoumi and featuring art from the Muslim Travel Ban
- Reshaping Our World: Cinema Without Borders. A film series showcasing film from the Muslim Travel Ban
- The 12th Twin Cities Arab Film Festival with a multimedia performance from local Syrian musician Hello Psychaleppo, featured guest filmmakers, juried and audience awards, and free screenings for students.
- Mizna Pages, a program bringing Arab American literature from our journal into high school classrooms
A PEEK AT 2018
- Arab Film Fest on tour!
- Play On, a themed issue of Mizna delving into the sociopolitics of sports
- 70 Years of Occupation, a themed issue of Mizna marking this somber anniversary
- Critical/Creative, meet-ups for local Arab & Muslim creatives.
Join Mizna's $20,000 match and double your impact