KIDS JUST WANT TO PLAY TO THE MAX!
Child abuse robs children of their childhood—we help give it back.
The Family Enhancement Center is dedicated to keeping all kids safe and free from abuse by working with communities to provide innovative programs, family education and intervention.
The goal of the Family Enhancement Center is to prevent child abuse and to promote healing among children who have experienced abuse.
FEC helps more than 500 children each year who have been impacted by abuse and neglect. We not only treat victims of abuse, we help prevent abuse and its lingering effects by working to heal the entire family. Our Executive Director and staff are passionate professionals who work tirelessly for all the kids and families impacted by trauma - giving them the ability to heal and move toward a positive future.
Our service model includes expert crisis response, assessment, support, and therapy for children and families who have experienced child abuse or are at risk for abuse including:
- Individual and Family Therapy
- Family Foundations, in-home parent services
designed to build healthy parenting skills and avoid abusive patterns
- Solid Starts, prevention program that provides support and mentoring to parents during pregnancy
- Families Moving Forward, group therapy program designed for children who have been sexually abused and their non-offending parents
- Healing Motion, group based therapy that incorporates mind-body techniques such as mindfulness practices, movement based therapies and art expression is for girls 10-18 who have experienced sexual abuse
- Drumbeat, a trauma recovery group for boys 10-16 using group drumming as an environment for self expression
See more about how we make a difference: http://familyenhancementcenter.org/
LIKE US! https://www.facebook.com/FamilyEnhancementCenter
STRONG FAMILIES, SAFER KIDS