Civic Caucus works to discover innovative, non-partisan solutions to civic issues, encouraging active citizen involvement in public affairs.
The need for citizens to work together to learn, analyze and recommend solutions to critical public issues always has been a key part of our republic.
However, it has become increasingly difficult for people to come together face-to-face to engage in this kind of robust public problem-solving.
Aided by individuals with broad and deep experience in public affairs, the non-partisan Civic Caucus works to leverage the reach of today's Internet communication resources to promote more effective and widespread dialogue on public issues. Our goal is to discover creative proposals for change while encouraging a more active involvement of citizens in public affairs.
The mission of the Civic Caucus is to provide a new model for reaching informed, non-partisan solutions to a broad scope of civic issues. To that end we strive to engage a wide spectrum of citizens to participate in an efficient and constructive exchange of ideas. The Civic Caucus works to:
1. provide innovative opportunities to involve citizens in public affairs without making extraordinary demands on their time,
2. maintain a public on-line archive of interviews with past and present political figures, policy experts and innovators addressing a wide range of civic concerns,
3. assess proposed solutions and frame recommendations regarding a variety of public policy issues,
4. enlist support for public policy recommendations, and
5. encourage the adoption of its non-partisan model by other groups with similar interests across the nation.
Civic Caucus maintains its online archive of public policy interviews and distributes its regular reports without charge to all subscribers. We require no dues or membership fees. We do gratefully accept voluntary, tax-deductible gifts to help cover the costs of our outreach.
For more information about Civic Caucus please see our website: www.civiccaucus.org