Give the Gift of a Great Future!
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Leech Lake Area has been in operation since January 2000 and currently serves over 800 youth in Cass Lake, Walker, and Deer River area communities. We offer a number of enriching activities in five core areas:
- Character & Leadership Development: Helping youth become responsible, caring citizens and acquire skills for participating in the democratic process is the main thrust of these programs. They also develop leadership skills and provide opportunities for planning, decision-making, contributing to Club and community and celebrating our national heritage.
- Education & Career Development: Encouragin youth to create aspirations for the future, providing them with opportunities for career exploration and educational enhancement.
- Health & Life Skills: These initiatives develop young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals and live successfully as self-sufficient adults. Programs address issues such as resisting violence, drug abuse and premature sexual activity.
- The Arts & Cultural Enrichment: enhancing self-expression, developing multi-cultural appreciation and gaining creative skills.
- Sports, Fitness & Recreation: Club programs help develop fitness, a positive use of leisure time, reduction of stress, appreciation for the environment and social and interpersonal skills
Through our program we aim to make our area a better place to live for youth and their families. At the club, kids learn to resolve differences. They learn to value each other and themselves. It has strengthened our communities, ensured a safe and positive place for our children to go and provided hope and opportunity. Without the Club, our young people would be left to fend for themselves on the streets or at home unsupervised.
Please consider a gift to the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Leech Lake Area to help us provide the life-changing programs and guidance that make our Club successful. We invite you to invest in the futures of our youth and our communities. Great Futures Start Here!