Fostering nonprofit programs and collaborative relationships to improve health and wellness in the La Crescent area.
The La Crescent Area Healthy Community Partnership exists to improve the health and wellness of the community. We do this by supporting projects, providing opportunities and mobilizing resources throughout the La Crescent area that will connect people within the community and empower them to achieve health and wellness in all aspects of their lives.
Some of our accomplishments:
- Sponsored community-wide health and wellness surveys
- Managed a charity wellness challenge
- Managed a five year grant for Active Living from Minnesota Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Started support groups with area churches
- Established fitness programs for boys, girls, and older adults
- Developed a nutrition and fitness education program
- Hosted a health summit and two Town Hall meetings with the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation
- Received grants to support community initiatives and establish Neighbors in Action
- Currently support seven partner programs in the area: Neighbors Day; Neighbors in Action; The La Crescent Community Bike Shoppe; Touching Moments Animal Assisted Living; Windy Ridge Ranch Therapeutic Riding Center; Appleseed Community Theatre; and the La Crescent Community Garden
- Became a partner agency of United Way