Support The Inaugural Year at EML
Help The Eoin McKiernan Library establish the physical library as we renovate the space, acquire shelving for the collection and furniture for visitor use. Enable The EML to obtain basic equipment used to preserve the collection and develop programming to meet the needs and interests in our community.
Donations will allow us to:
- Complete the renovation of the library space and install quality shelving for our book collection,
- Assure the preservation of both the McKiernan Bequest and an expanding trove of historical items documenting the Minnesota Irish community,
- Improve access to our collection by building an online catalog and by digitizing select items to establish our digital collection,
- Develop a new CJAC / EML website to become a more robust and responsive platform for us and for partner organizations.
We welcome gifts of any size! The amounts below illustrate what your contribution can enable the EML to secure:
- $120 – Six month Photoshop subscription
- $250 – 1 library table with built in power strip (6 total needed)
- $500 – Scanner/printer/copier
- $1,000 – Full modular bookshelf
- $2,000 – Projection Screen & Projector
- $2,000 – Apple iMac
The Eoin McKiernan Library: Supporting and celebrating the Irish Arts community of Minnesota
The Eoin McKiernan Library is a perfect addition to the Celtic Junction Arts Center and the vibrant Twin Cities Irish arts community it serves. The library carries forward the Celtic Junction’s mission to “celebrate and nurture thriving Celtic Arts” by creating an invaluable resource for musicians, dancers, actors and others interested in the Celtic Arts. It further expands the scope of the Celtic Junction’s offerings by creating a resource for researchers and anyone interested in Irish or Irish-American history and culture. For the broader Irish-American community of the Upper Midwest. The library will be the first destination in Minnesota catering specifically to people who wish to learn more about Ireland and Irish America.
There is a strong desire within the Irish arts community to better understand Irish culture and history. And there is a similarly strong need for documenting and understanding the history of the local Irish music and dance community itself. Therefore, in addition to the seed collection of rare and important Irish books and sound recordings donated by the McKiernan family, the library collection will include preservation of materials relating to the Irish in Minnesota and, in particular, to the Twin Cities Irish Music and Dance community.