Open Twin Cities fosters an inclusive community of civic collaboration and civic technology for positive social impact.
We are a Code for America Brigade, a group of civic innovators with a stated goal of including all of our creative community, regardless of socioeconomic status, race, gender or age.
We have embedded service design processes that put community members at the core; for example, a service design process used at Hack for MN 14 resulted in Heading Home Projects to support homeless veterans.
In the past three years, we have...
- Built one of the largest regional online civic tech communities in the U.S.
- Hosted and partnered on 8 one- or two-day facilitated events collaboratively engaging community stakeholders and volunteer technologists in building prototype tools to address local community issues
- Created a 300+ member Google Group focused on open data and civic technology, a newsletter with 500+ subscribers, and 1000+ social media followers
- Held 50+ Monthly Meetups, Book Clubs, and other civic tech events
Through these efforts we will harness the power of civic technology and data to help local communities better meet the pressing challenges of the 21st century. Join us!
* E-Democracy.org (Minnesota E-Democracy) serves as our fiscal sponsor.