Humanists of Minnesota: Naturally Curious, Compassionate, and Rational
Are you tired of political leaders who reject evolution, say climate change is a hoax, deny women access to contraceptives and abortion, discriminate against LGBTQ people, and otherwise try to rule by religious dogma? If so, help us work to spread humanist values. We support a secular society based on science, reason, naturalism, and compassion.
Our members aim to lead ethical lives of personal fulfillment without theism or superstition and contribute to the greater good of humanity and the planet. We welcome humanists, atheists, agnostics, and freethinkers who are seeking a caring community of like-minded people.
Humanists of Minnesota, powered exclusively by volunteers, uses all money to promote humanism, build a humanist community, and do good together. We sponsor a wide range of activities, including monthly chapter meetings with speakers, discussion groups, volunteer work, happy hours, and picnics. We advocate on issues including health care, the environment, and end-of-life options.
With your help, we can step up our work to:
- Increase our membership by reaching out to the growing number of Americans who reject traditional religion. We hope to expand our budget for outreach activities, for example Facebook ads, booths at community events, and promotional materials.
- Reach out to families and educate the next generation of humanists.
- Persuade legislators to support separation of church and state.
- Promote an annual Day of Reason in Minnesota to counter the national Day of Prayer.
- Help Compassion and Choices lobby for a state law to allow terminally ill people to request medical aid to bring about a peaceful death.
- Expand the activities of our Social Action Team, which advocates for issues that support humanist values.