Your donations will help support the programs and services offered by the Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota.
It is the mission of the Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota to empower individuals and families, to create community and celebrate the abilities of people with Down syndrome.
The Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota (DSAM) began in 1984 with a small group of motivated parents. In 1987 it incorporated as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. Over the years, we’ve developed a number of resources for individuals with Down syndrome and their families, and for new and expectant parents and health-care professionals throughout Minnesota.
Today our office is located in St. Paul, Minnesota where staff members field questions and concerns. In addition, we provide outreach support and services including:
- Down Comforter: A Parent's Guide to Down Syndrome
- New Parent Breakfast
- Grandparent Packets
- Teacher Resource packets
- Parent-to-Parent visitation in the hospital or home
- Twenty three parent groups throughout the region
- Special Times newsletter, circulation 1,600+
- Solutions, a newsletter for educators
- Voices & Choices, a newsletter by and for self advocates
- Resource Lending Library
- Social activities including the annual summer picnic, pancake breakfast and holiday party
- Biennial Regional Conference which focuses on all aspects of Down syndrome
- Annual conference for youth and adults with Down syndrome
- Annual conference for grandparents
- Annual conference for educators
- Annual Adult Matters conference for adult families
- iCan Shine Bike Camp
- Speakers for groups interested in Down syndrome
- Informational website (www.dsamn.org)