A professional modern dance company striving to create accessible, entertaining, & meaningful dance work in the Twin Cities. Move BIG.
The first $2,500 raised will be MATCHED by a wonderfully generous donor. $100 Donation = $200 Impact!
Support AMP's 2017-18 season:
- Continuing our annual season performance (7th Season @ The Lab Theater)
- Working with Guest Artists - Sophia Pimsler + Darrius Strong
- Continue giving performing artists opportunities
- Continue residency work with Como Park Elementary School (St. Paul, MN) and inviting students to a free interactive AMP performance at The Lab Theater
AND celebrate our past accomplishments:
- Working with 500+ students at Como Park Elementary School in St. Paul, exploring imagery & expression through movement & dance technique.
- Hosting 200 Como Park Elementary School students at The Lab Theater for an Educational Outreach Performance by the AMP Company.
- Creating a community of over 40 professional dancers, artists and musicians, both local and out-of-state.
- Touring to the College of DuPage (Glen Ellyn, IL) to teach a master class & perform with string quartet, 4spiel Soprano, Lindsay Kesselman.
- Increased our annual revenue by 35%, which was passed on directly to our staff, artists and performers.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO MOVE BIG?
Move BIG is more than
a tagline- it is AMP's philosophy. Move BIG means more than the large
and virtuosic movement that Howe and Lees have been known for. Move BIG
is advancing the art form of dance in any way we can. Whether it is
through our choreography and performances, collaborations with other
artists, engaging audience members, or education and exposure to those
in need, we can come together as a community and acknowledge a purpose greater than ourselves.
Alternative Motion Project (AMP) is a professional dance company passionately striving to create accessible, entertaining, and meaningful dance work throughout the Twin Cities area. Driven by the creative process, AMP gives an alternative dance performance experience to both audience and performer alike by creating a welcoming and inclusive environment. AMP increases communications between performer and audience member through an array of materials and discussions. AMP is committed to bridging the gap between the pre-professional and accomplished professional dancer by giving quality performance opportunities where each artist can further develop their skills. AMP also encourages its company members to continually grow in their levels of training through quality dance performance of the choreography by its founders, Kristin Howe + Joanna Lees, as well as collaborations by other up-and-coming artists. Committed to increasing dance exposure and education for people of all artistic backgrounds. AMP provides workshops, residencies, and performances based on the community's specific needs.