Please join us in helping to end domestic violence in SE Minnesota and give today!
The Women’s Shelter, organized in 1976, began as a critically important place of temporary shelter for women and their children experiencing domestic violence. Today, temporary shelter remains a core, essential element of the organization’s mission and its services have expanded to provide domestic violence victims with a wider range of choices regarding their personal journey to safety and fulfillment. In addition to safe shelter, we currently offer:
- A 24-hour mobile advocacy program and crisis line
- Alternative housing to reduce barriers to violence free living (transitional housing for homeless women and children)
- Legal and general advocacy
- Support groups for women all along their journey
- Programming for children to help heal wounds and prevent future violence
- Multi-cultural staff and services as well as special services to immigrant and refugee battered women and their children
- Education programming to educate the public about difficulties facing victims
"I don't know how I would have done this without you - no one else understands (about abuse) - they just say leave." Taylor R.
"Things are definitely moving forward...thanks for always checking in with me. I always feel better after I talk to you. Katie G.