The SW MN Arts Council funds arts projects and provides technical assistance to artists, schools, & arts organizations in the SW MN region.
The SW MN Arts Council has been promoting the arts by helping fund arts projects and providing technical assistance to artists, schools, and arts organizations in the 18-county SW Minnesota region for over 40 years!
In fiscal year 2017, the SW MN Arts Council was able to provide $521,054 to 160 area organizations and artists! Activities funded include:
- Community arts festivals
- Area artist studio tours
- Music and dance performances
- Artists performance pieces
- Historical re-enactments
- Visual arts exhibits
- Editing services for writers
- Workshop attendance for artists of all kinds: writers, dancers, visual, and more!
- Community performances and theatre productions
- Field trips and artist residencies for schools
- Youth attending arts camps and festivals, taking arts classes, and attending arts conferences
- Supplies and equipment for individual artists to create new bodies of work
- Many artists attending the Rural Arts and culture Summit in Morris, MN
- Strategic planning and equipment purchases for arts organizations
- Operating support for arts organizations, including training workshops and software
- Support for arts organizations start ups and statuses
- Public sculptures and art projects
- Sponsorship of the Young Artist's Conference
- A grant to allow the Tonantzin Tlalli Guadalupe group to do authentic culture share performances
Also, the SW MN Arts Council Gallery provides an opportunity for regional artists, especially SW MN Arts Council grant recipients, to have solo exhibits.
Visit our website (www.swmnarts.org) to learn about our grant programs, free grantwriting workshops, regional arts event calendar, or to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Funding for SW MN Arts Council programs and services is provided by memberships and donations from individuals, businesses, organizations, schools, cities, and counties, a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund made possible by the voters of Minnesota, an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the State’s general fund, and a grant from the McKnight Foundation. We are indebted to our granters, donors, and members for their support over the years. Thank you!