Join us in continuing a 40 year tradition of hands-on science education and nature discovery right in your community.
You are supporting:
Nature Center & Exploration Hall
Open seven days a week, year round, you are supporting an admission free nature center. The exploration hall at Quarry Hill Nature Center is known and loved for its hands-on, relaxed approach to discovery. Although staffed by friendly naturalists and dedicated volunteers, the live animals are truly the ‘stars’ of our indoor center. Featuring native MN turtles, snakes, fish, and more, the animals provide ever changing and exciting encounters for visitors of all ages.
A Premier Outdoor Community Resource
Quarry Hill Park is an historic and natural treasure at the heart of the community. Hiking trails, biking trails, a pond, restored oak savanna, limestone fossil quarry and historical sandstone caves shape the parks 329 acres. The Friends of Quarry Hill partner with Rochester Park and Recreation to support, enhance and maintain the natural beauty and historic structures in the park.
Innovative Hands-on Science and Nature Programs
Staffed by licensed science teachers and naturalists, our programs are based on cutting edge education trends and grounded in hands-on discovery. We believe that hands-on, inquiry based activities develop critical thinking, exploration and investigative skills as well as respect for the natural world. Programs are accessible to all ages and include school-based, private groups and programs for the general public.
All $60+ donations receive member benefits for a calendar year (January - December).
Member benefits include:
- Free admission to Bird, Cave, Critter and Nature Sunday programs. Weekly at 1:30 pm.
- Discounted fees on programs like Full Moon Hikes, Parent/Child preschool classes, Candle Light Skiing and many more naturalist led programs.
- Priority enrollment and discounts for summer nature camp
- A significant discount on birthday parties for children 4+
- Ski and snowshoe rental at reduced rates
- Subscription to "Field Notes" - Quarry Hill's quarterly newsletter