PetsLoyal2Vets is a Minnesota based 501(c)(3) nonprofit outreach organization connecting highly trained dogs with disabled veterans.
PetsLoyal2Vets was created by and built by veterans for fellow veterans who have been diagnosed and treated for PTSD, TBI and physical assault traumas. Any Minnesotan honorably or medically discharged veterans treated for PTSD and TBI from any conflict who has completed a VA sponsored mental health program may apply for a Battly Buddy dog, an Emotional Support Dog or Psychiatric Service Dog at no cost. PL2VETS is also available to veterans who had a certified service dog for PTSD or TBI which passed away and are now in need of a new companion.
If we place a dog with you, and you have to go back into the Minneapolis, Minnesota VA Hospital for any inpatient stays up to 30 days, Pets Loyal 2 Vets will be happy to board your dog for you at no cost. We will even bring your dog to the VA on weekly visits at no cost to you.
Every dollar raised helps pay for services provided to veterans. Leashes, veterinary expenses, adoption fees, foods, health and wellness checks, spay and neutering all add up so any amount you can give will helkp defray these costs.
Qualifying Veterans must
- Reside within Minnesota as a Minnesota resident or, in Pierce or St. Croix Counties in Western Wisconsin
- Be honorably discharged or discharged due to PTSD or TBI or related physical injuries
- Be diagnosed by VA Doctors with PTSD or TBI and be medically necessary to have a service dog
- Currently receiving treatment for PTSD, TBI or in (PTSR) Post Traumatic Stress Recovery
- Currently receiving treatment for a service connected Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and able to care for a dog
- Completed a VA treatment program for PTSD, TBI, PTSR, PPH or CBT program and need a companion dog as part of their ongoing rehabilitation
- This may include completion of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy's (CBT) or other physical or psychological programs provided via the Veterans Administration Hospitals
- Be a veteran who has recently lost a Battle Buddy dog, an Emotional Support Dog or a Psychiatric Service Dog used to help treat symptoms of PTSD, TBI etc,.
- All veterans are screened to ensure they can properly care for their new companion and must meet the minimum standards of a safe shelter, nutrition, medical needs and loving care.
$20 will buy a micro chip for one dog
$50 will pay for one 40 lb. bag of dog food for one month
$100 will pay for spaying or neautering expenses for one dog
$250 will cover 5 months of dog food for one dog
$250 will cover Deworming treatments, Heartworm tests, treatments and monthly medications for one dog for one year
$500 will cover distemper and Rabies vaccinations for one dog for 2 years
$500 will cover the cost of a new Battle Buddy dog
$5,000 will cover the cost of acquiring a new emotional support dog, all expenses and training
$10,000 will cover all costs of acquiring a new certified dog, all expenses and training
In the past 18 months we have served 28 veterans and have relationships with some of the best animal rescue organizations in Minnesota. Thanks to the continued support of Chuck & Don's Stores, The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs, Petsmart, Petco, Tee It Up For The Troops, The Brian McDonough Foundation and many many more individuals and private companies giving here on Give to The Max Day, we can continue to provide valuable free services and trained dogs for disabled veterans.
We are veterans who have been diagnosed with many of the similar injuries and know the struggles a fellow vet goes through. We've been there and experienced the struggles and now we want to give back by helping Minnesota veterans. It seems everyone knows someone who is or was in the military. Most veterans gave some while many Veterans gave all, now it's our turn to give back to them. Please click one of the giving options and show your support for Minnesota vets today.