We are dedicated to improving the health of infants, children and adolescents in Minnesota.
The mission of the Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation is to protect and improve the health of all Minnesota children and teens. By partnering with pediatricians, state officials, and national and community-based organizations, the Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation has developed many model programs that address key health or care delivery issues that have been shared both nationally and internationally.
- Educating caregivers and community members, particularly in the Somali community, about the measles vaccine. In 2017, we partnered with 17 Imams and 16 mosques to provide measles immunization education through over 60 sessions at Mosques during Ramadan. Over 20 pediatric clinicians came to the mosques to answer questions and partner with the Imams to provide education.
- Improving HPV and MMR immunization rates in greater Minnesota among Karen, Somali and Native American patients.
- Addressing barriers to identifying, referring and preventing cases of child abuse/neglect among Minnesota clinics and hospitals
- Promoting widespread use of childhood screening tools (developmental, autism, social/emotional, maternal depression, etc.) among all pediatric primary care clinics
- Integrating behavioral health and pediatric primary care at six pilot Minnesota clinics
- Screening patients for food insecurity and referring to food assistance programs and other work support programs
- Supporting efforts to provide disaster preparedness training in partnership with 9 health systems and EMS agencies
- Promoting widespread use of Reach out and Read
- Collaborating with metro and greater Minnesota hospitals and clinics to promote common patient safety educational materials
- Funding educational events for pediatric interest groups and pediatric residents
This year, a retired MNAAP member has generously offered to match every donation up to $1,000 by December 15.
Learn more about our Foundation and ongoing projects at www.mnaap.org
Read about the Minnesota AAP's chapter and foundation accomplishments at http://www.mnaap.org/accomplishments.htm
Thank you for considering a tax-deductible donation to the Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation.
NOTE: You can also donate by check (so MNAAP avoids processing charges) by mailing to: Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics, 1043 Grand Ave. #544, St. Paul, MN 55105