We are dedicated to improving the health of infants, children and adolescents in Minnesota.
The mission of the Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation is to protect and improve the health of all Minnesota children and teens. By partnering with pediatricians, state officials, and national and community-based organizations, the Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation has developed many model programs that address key health or care delivery issues that have been shared both nationally and internationally.
- Educating caregivers and community members, particularly in the Somali community, about the autism and importance of early detection. In 2018, we partnered with 21 Imams and 19 mosques to provide autism education at Mosques during Ramadan. Over 25 pediatric clinicians came to the mosques to answer questions and partner with the Imams to provide education.
- Providing tuition scholarships to train 2 Karen/English speaking adults as Community Health Workers in Austin and Albert Lea and planning for 3-4 additional scholarships in greater MN.
- Promoting education on importance of MMR and HPV vaccination.
- Addressing barriers to identifying, referring and preventing cases of child abuse/neglect among Minnesota clinics and hospitals.
- Promoting widespread use of childhood screening tools (developmental, autism, social/emotional, maternal depression, etc.) among all pediatric primary care clinics.
- Integrating behavioral health and pediatric primary care at six pilot Minnesota clinics.
- Screening patients for food insecurity and referring to food assistance programs and other work support programs.
- Supporting efforts to provide disaster preparedness training in partnership with 9 health systems and EMS agencies.
- Promoting widespread use of Reach out and Read.
- Collaborating with metro and greater Minnesota hospitals and clinics to promote common patient safety educational materials.
- Funding educational events for pediatric interest groups and pediatric residents.
This year, a retired MNAAP member has generously offered to match every donation up to a total of $1,000 by June 27, 2018.
All donations received through June will go toward facilitating 4-6 lunch and learn meetings through the end of 2018 at pediatric clinics and hospitals across the state. The purpose of the meetings will be to discuss local pediatric challenges and identify relevant partnerships and resources to enhance patient care or referrals.
Learn more about our Foundation and ongoing projects at www.mnaap.org
Read about the Minnesota AAP's chapter and foundation accomplishments at http://www.mnaap.org/accomplishments.htm
Thank you for considering a tax-deductible donation to the Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation.
NOTE: You can also donate by check (so MNAAP avoids processing charges) by mailing to: Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics, 1043 Grand Ave. #544, St. Paul, MN 55105