Operating the Red Rock Center for the Arts and the Chubb House. Two historic buildings in Fairmont, MN
MCPA, is a 501 c3 non profit organization assisting with the preservation of two facilities and a sidewalk.
The first facility being the Chubb House located in Fairmont. The Chubb House was built in 1867 of bricks made from clay found on the banks of Buffalo Lake and fired in a local kin. The Chubb House is available for touring.
Red Rock Center for the Arts (RRC) was built in 1898 by prominent Minnesota architect Harry W. Jones. It is an excellent example of the Richardsonian Romanasque style. In 2005 restoration was completed by the work of MCPA and many dedicated volunteers. RRC was dedicated back to the community and provides Arts and entertainment for people of ages and walks of life. The facility is available to for tours, events, and also serves as a rental facility.
Both facilities are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.