Help us honor Jon's memory and ministry and bring some good from his loss
“It’s not what we
gather, but rather what we scatter that defines our life.” – Jon Francis
Since founding The Jon Francis Foundation (JFF) in 2007:
- JFF has placed life-saving information and devices in the hands of over 5000 people and gave 70 presentations to more than 3000 people to prevent wilderness accidents.
- Completed over 40 family engagements (guidance, grief support, missing person searches) in 18 states and Canada.
- Sadly, the need persists. People continue to go out into the wild and get lost and injured. In the last year, six (6) families have reached out to JFF to ask for our help in their missing person tragedy.
- JFF is providing ongoing family support in Colorado, Idaho, Michigan, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Vermont and Washington.
- Seventy-six (76) people (families, children, and adults) attended Camp Jon, in June 2017, a free, fun and hands-on wilderness safety training camp and learned how to go safely into the backcountry and find enjoyment in nature.
Thank you for supporting the work of the Jon Francis Foundation. We could not perform our mission without you.
Your gift is tax deductible and greatly appreciated. The Jon Francis Foundation is a Minnesota nonprofit corporation and IRS 501(C) (3) charity. Our EIN is 20-8188863.
We are able to honor Jon’s life and memory and to bring some good from his loss because you care and offer generous help. Thank you!
Jon Francis Foundation is dedicated to saving lives through wilderness safety
empowering families who have suffered the loss of an adult loved one in the wilderness
and advocating for legal protection for missing adults.