Our mission is to preserve and support the operation of the Oliver Kelley Farm, a National Historic Landmark.
What Do We Do?
The Friends of the Oliver Kelley Farm actively:
- Raise public interest about the importance and charm of the Farm as a significant local, statewide and national community asset.
- Market the Farm through the use of print ads, social media and word of mouth. We stay active in the Elk River Area Chamber of Commerce and represent the farm at local events as needed. We do so because the Farm attracts 30,000 visitors annually to the Elk River area.
- Through our fundraising efforts provide financial support to the Farm as needed.
- Work in behalf of the Oliver Kelley Farm for or against legislation that in any way affects the continued operation of the Farm as a viable operating living history site.
- Donate our time as volunteers in a variety of ways.
What we do as an organization today has changed dramatically since our inception in 2003. Then we organized in response to the threatened permanent closure of the Oliver Kelley Farm. Today, we partner with the Minnesota Historical Society in supporting the Farm as it continues to provide a vital connection to the past, a living history where children and families can immerse themselves in 19th century agriculture.