Our Scholarship Fund enables couples in a dire financial situation to attend a Marriage Encounter free of charge.
Since 1972, Minnesota Marriage Encounter has had a rich tradition of celebrating, enriching and saving marriages in Minnesota and surrounding states, with a low-cost program sustained by free-will or value-based donations. We are a very lean inter-faith organization funded by the tax-deductible donations of attendees.
Divorce is prevalent in our society; it is evident a husband and wife need help in sustaining a lifetime marriage. The incredible benefits of Marriage Encounter in our communities are: more stable, spiritual, growing and nurturing families. The experience serves the spiritual and emotional needs of a husband and wife by helping them to openly and honestly communicate, without any group sharing, therapy or marriage counseling. A happily married couple are better parents, members of society and employees. Statistics show an intact family contributes to the stable growth of children for generations to come. The future transformation of our world begins at the heart of society ~ the family.
Marriage Encounter helps build stronger marriages through open and honest communication.
Following are comments from the sixteen couples who attended our October 2017 weekend to the questions; "Why did you come here?" and "What have you achieved?"
- “The ability to communicate on a level deeper than we have in many many years. Writing out our thoughts allowed us to share & listen without being interrupted or dismissed.”
- “It was so nice getting to know all of you. Letting us in on your personal life helped so much with your stories & experiences. I know we will be better people because of you. Thank you!!”
- “I wanted my husband and me to get tools to work out our issues. We learned the PR/CD technique which I believe we will be able to use for the rest of our lives.”
- “We needed help in our marriage. It gave us the tools to take home. To have a stronger marriage and to love one another deeper.”
- “I feel more optimistic on resolving some of our issues.”
- “I have a better understanding of my spouse’s needs and thoughts and was able to communicate things that have been weighing me down and getting in the way.” “Through a Christian friend who went through the program and thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot!! It was a safe place to express our feelings and hear each other out. I really think this is a new beginning for us a new door that has opened up.”
- “My wife and I were able to take away from our busy lives and decompress in a non-threatening environment. We needed to discuss multiple problems we have been having as a couple. But we're getting nowhere on our own. This environment and subject matter gave us some tools to have civil conversations. Not all can be fixed at one time but it’s a start, so thank you!”
- “It was this or divorce. Self-worth, spouse worth & it’s OK to talk.”
- “Tough times and some stressful areas of our marriage.”
- “We have had significant struggles in our marriage. Began to talk through things more. Have some tools we can use to help with communication."
- "It opened my eyes to things I need to improve.”
- “Some great tips and strategies to open marriage - it was needed. Hopefully, some new communication techniques, new boundaries, communication and a way to address issues we have been avoiding.”
- “My wife and I have a much deeper understanding and love of each other. A renewed commitment to our marriage.”