Ordinary kids develop extraordinary skills at North America’s largest circus school!
Thousands of ‘ordinary’ students enter our big top and gain strength, balance, grace, and grit as they master the circus arts and truly become ‘extraordinary’!
Many students come to Circus Juventas after trying other out-of-school activities and find their ‘place’ among the wide variety of activities in circus arts. Shy children blossom into confident young people who swing on trapezes and take the center ring with the poise of a professional. Accomplishments like these often translate into greater confidence in school and setting loftier personal goals.
2,500 young people from the Twin Cities metro are served by Circus Juventas each year, ranging in age from 3 to 21. Nearly 850 students performed in our 2017 Spring Celebration shows for beginning and intermediate students, and 73 advanced students performed in NORÐRSAGA in August 2017.What makes Circus Juventas different?
Circus Juventas is at the forefront of contemporary circus – cirque nouveau. Traditional circus arts – like juggling, trapeze, contortion – are performed in professional-caliber productions where stories are animated by theater, dance, lights, and spectacular costumes and props.
In the summer of 2017, we raised enough money to send 31 of our advanced students to perform for ten days at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival in Washington DC. They garnered national and international acclaim!
“I don’t know of any other youth circus in the world that has reached their artistic level in terms of quality of skills and circus acts… They are one of the best youth circus in the world by all comparisons.”
--Dominique Jando, Founder of Circopedia, who awarded the 2017 Circopedia Award for Excellence in Circus Arts to Circus Juventas after seeing our performances at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival
Extraordinary doesn’t happen without YOU!
Many of our most talented youth come from families who can’t afford tuition
- Tuition for one class (one hour/week year-round) costs about $1,000 per year
- Your gift helps Circus Juventas to provide tuition scholarships and work-study programs. Last year, we were able to provide over $200,000 in scholarships to about 20% of our year-round students.
- Your donation will help us achieve our goal to be inclusive and accessible to all families:
- Keep ticket prices affordable
- Keep class fees stable
- Expand our specialty programs for young people with disabilities
Circus Juventas, a performing arts circus school for youth, is dedicated to inspiring artistry and self-confidence through a multi-cultural circus arts experience.
- Watch the new Circus Juventas video with highlights from the 2017 Smithsonian Folklife Festival!
Circus Juventas is excited to share this video that captures our amazing experience at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival’s Circus Arts Program – an incredible gathering of circus professionals and students from all over the world.
For 12 days in June and July, 31 Circus Juventas students performed and connected with audiences in Washington, D.C. during this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Hear their stories about special performances like “Circus of the Senses” for sight/hearing impaired audiences and watch them meet legendary circus performers.
See our young people shine on a national stage!
• Video at top of page
- Highlight videos from past shows are available in our Media Library: http://circusjuventas.org/media-library/
- "I Am Circus Juventas" video shares personal stories from students and families on how Circus Juventas has impacted their lives: http://circusjuventas.org/media-library/i-am-circus-juventas
- Our annual gala held in November is an opportunity for us to focus our fundraising efforts on the scholarship fund. This year, on November 3rd, we raised over $44k during the live appeal alone: http://circusjuventas.org/extraordinary-evening-with-extraordinary-people/