Olive is raising money for Springboard for the Arts.
A fiscally sponsored project of Springboard for the Arts. To give to Springboard: https://givemn.org/organization/Springboard-For-The-Arts
We have lots of projects unfolding for our 20th anniversary in 2018 and we would love your engagement in making them happen. We will be working with artists in Minneapolis, San Francisco, New Zealand, cities that have been vital to the formation and growth of BodyCartography's work beginning in 1998. Much of our 2018 programming will be free to attend. We have raised 85% of our budget and need your help to raise the final 15%. This funding will go directly to our dancers and collaborators.
Our 20th anniversary programming includes:
- felt room at The Performance Arcade, Wellington's live art festival, New Zealand, in March.
- A performance commission for the National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa's permanent collection.
- felt room, action movie & Lineage at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art in connection with Robert Rauschenberg: Erasing the Rules exhibit in March.
- felt room, action movie & Lineage at the Weisman Art Museum, University of Minnesota over the summer where we will also be developing our embryology research project with dancers and medical students.
- A series of free workshops and performances for the redesigned Nicollet Mall in Minneapolis and the Walker Sculpture Garden.
We have been making work together for 20 years we are not going to stop now. However with your help we can pay all of our dancers and collaborators a living wage and acquire insurance and liability so that everyone is protected.
Any support is deeply appreciated and valued. Its possible to make a tax deductible donation too and we will add it to the campaign.
Some of you may not be able to contribute, but that doesn't mean you can't help. The more people that know about this campaign, the greater opportunities we have to reach our goal! Please share and spread the word about this project.
In gratitude for your support
Olive Bieringa & Otto Ramstad