Your donation will enhance the education of students who are blind or visually impaired and help them achieve their full potential.
Whenever members of the MSAB Foundation visit the Minnesota State Academy for the Blind, the students take our breath away with their passion, optimism and gratitude! Our recent funding focus has been on providing Education through the Arts opportunities and experiences, knowing how important the arts are to overall learning and creative expression. Many studies show the overarching benefits, especially to children with multiple disabilities. These past few years, the Foundation has provided the following for the students of the MSAB:
- Repaving of the Bike Path gives students a safe environment to stay fit and gain confidence through physical activity.
- A new Raised Bed Garden enables students to experience where food comes from, learn about the life cycle of plants and develop job and recreation skills.
- The Recording Studio we supported is up and running! Students are learning new skills and working on local recording.
- Ongoing Artists in Residency Programs (artists spend several days with the students) have provided new experiences with culture, musical instruments and styles of music.
- Cutting Edge Technologies, like Braille Edge 40 Displays and SMART Boards, are expanding what and how the children can learn.
Through our ongoing partnership, MSAB and the MSAB Foundation are dedicated to bringing opportunity and bright tomorrows to these special and very deserving students. Your support can help make this a reality. Thank you!
The MSAB Foundation Board of Directors