ConnectWC develops communities of belonging for people living with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in Washington County MN.
ConnectWC – Fostering Communities of Belonging across Washington CountyWhat is Connect WC?
ConnectWC, an initiative of the CCP Foundation, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering communities of belonging for people living with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) in Washington County, MN.
ConnectWC is composed of a devoted and passionate team of a dozen members – many of whom have children with IDD and understand firsthand the growing need for accessible resources and community support. By raising awareness for vital services, collaborating with existing providers and organizations, and sharing this information with families, community members, and policy makers, the team at ConnectWC strives to:
· Improve the overall well-being of individuals living with IDD,
· Build relationships and establish valuable connections among self-advocates, parents, guardians, caregivers, family members, and other interested community members,
· And provide individuals with IDD, their loved ones, and the community that supports them with helpful information and resources for a variety of conditions, situations, and available services.
How Will the Funds be used?
All donations will be used to host parent gatherings to provide caregivers with the opportunity to connect with one another, share experiences, and discuss resources as well as to further enhance and sustain the organization’s highly successful website: ConnectWC.org – a one-stop information center of resources for children and adults with IDD and those who support them. It is a place for parents, caregivers, and community members alike to LEARN more about IDD, CONNECT with other families and organizations, and SHARE their experiences. This cite includes:
· Basic information about IDD such as terminology and acronyms,
· Links to helpful medical, governmental, and educational information,
· Announcements regarding upcoming events and services,
· And tips for getting started.
With over 62,000 new visitors, over 13,000 returning visitors, and over 135,000 total page views – averaging approximately 100 visits every day – ConnectWC.org has reached out to and assisted countless individuals impacted by IDD.
How Can You Help?
If you are passionate about IDD and are interested in making a difference in the lives of the 2,000 individuals in Washington County living with IDD, help us to do more by creating a fundraising page, mobilizing your friends and family, and support our cause.