Economic and community development by artists, for artists, for all of us. Together we make transformation possible.
People ask, “What is Springboard for the Arts?” Our response is, “What kind of artist are you? What do you need? What are you trying to accomplish?” The work we do is about process, building the relationships to make things happen, and finding new ways to support artists and creativity. That process can take a lot of different shapes and produce a lot of different results. Here are just a few results of that process from the last year:
· In Fergus Falls, we produced a play with PlaceBase Productions called “The Kirkbride Cycle,” which had a cast of 50 community members and attracted over 600 people to the performance.
· We launched Creative Exchange, an online platform sharing stories of artists and toolkits to help communities replicate proven programs. We’ve shared over 50 artists’ stories and 100 toolkits.
· Our healthcare program was selected as a MNsure outreach partner, creating videos to help navigate new health insurance offerings, and offering healthcare resources and free flu shot clinics.
· We celebrated 3 years of Irrigate, an artist-led creative placemaking initiative that provided training to 600 artists and led to the creation of more than 150 projects along the Green Line.
· Our Incubator Fiscal Sponsorship program supported over 200 artist-led projects in Minnesota, allowing them to get grants and take tax-deductible donations to support independent projects.
· We provided over 148 artist-led business skills workshops across the state, helping more than 2,500 creative entrepreneurs develop their own process and capacity.
We can’t do this without our process of building relationships, creating support networks, and then making things happen. Giving is an enormous part of that process, and Thursday, November 13th is Give To The Max Day. It’s a day that celebrates the process of giving, that celebrates what we can do together. Thanks for all your ongoing support, and let’s celebrate the process.
See more about us and our work at www.springboardforthearts.org.
*to make a gift to an Incubator Fiscal Sponsorship project, please designate the project title in your gift or search for their GiveMN campaign page*